My Client Is looking to recruit a Civil/Highway Engineer (or Technician) to work within their Civils/Highways team to work on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects.
The role will involve covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
• Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations civil/highway engineering projects.
• Be proficient in the use of relevant analysis and design software, including Micro drainage, PDS, Civils 3D and Prepare civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
• Provide technical support to Senior and Associate Engineers.
• Attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
• Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
• Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• HNC, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering from an ICE/IHT approved institution.
• Ambition to achieve Chartered status.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years relevant local authority, consultant or design office experience.
• Extensive knowledge of the design manual for roads and bridges, Specification for highway works, and ICE standard method of measurement.
• Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Highway or related field.
My client is a medium sized Design Consultancy Specialising in Civil/Structural Engineering with over 35 years expertise specialising in projects across the following sectors: healthcare, commercial, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
Please send your CV or contact me on (phone number removed)