We offer our SMT GB Mobile Plant Engineers a great package, with a wide range of benefits, as well as ongoing Volvo training and support. We now have a vacancy for a Field Service Engineer to deal with machine breakdowns on customer sites in the Duxford to Peterborough area.
Why join SMT?
Our benefits are some of the best on the market and include:
* Great starting salary with performance related annual pay reviews
* Working 38.5 hours per week with enhanced overtime rates paid thereafter.
* 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
* 5% company pension contribution
* Company profit share bonus, paid out twice per annum.
* Annual OEM training
* Healthshield medical and dental cash plan for you and your family
* Yulife discounts across major UK retailers
* Refer a friend cash incentive.
* Fully equipped vehicle with racking for your tools
* Personal tool insurance up to £12000
* Choice of SMT branded clothing/uniform
* Overalls provided and laundered on a weekly basis.
What does a Field Service Engineer at SMT GB do?
Your role will be to respond to machine breakdowns, travelling to site, you identify and repair mechanical problems on our Volvo construction equipment, with the use of your technical knowledge and Tech Tool, our computerised diagnostic equipment. Working methodically and efficiently, you'll update the customer and create a report on the diagnosis and steps you have taken to resolve the issue. There will also be regular service, and maintenance scheduled into your work planner, which will mostly be completed on a weekend.
We ask that you:
* You must hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Land Based Engineering or Plant Maintenance
* You must have mechanical experience in construction or heavy plant machinery.
* Be able to service, diagnose and fault find on heavy plant machinery.
* Can work to a high standard of competence, independently.
* A full UK driving licence.
Who we are:
We are Services, Machinery and Trucks (SMT) GB and are an internationally recognised market-leading distributor of Volvo Construction Equipment. A company that sets the benchmark in its market should also have the best employees, we are dedicated to attract, inspire, grow, engage and retain talented people to be part of best-performing teams that passionately deliver results
SMTGB prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
If you believe you have the skills required for this role and are interested in a joining us as a Mobile Plant Engineer at SMT GB then we would love to hear from you, so 'apply now