Senior Civil Engineer
My client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany's hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
"Excellence Through Innovation" permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Appointment Type - Permanent
Full Time/Part Time - Full-time
Specialism- Civil Engineering
Hours - 37.5
Location - Exeter
Working Practice - Hybrid
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will join an established team of Civil Engineers, supporting multidisciplinary design schemes, to assist with the delivery of projects within the Water sector, as well as providing support to a group of highly motivated, developing Engineers and Technicians.
Projects vary in size and complexity and may involve optioneering, outline design or detailed design. The work may be directly for the water companies or via a Contractor as part of a design and construct contract.
Duties are likely to include the following:
* Perform technical or professional work activities to assure delivery which meets client requirements and is in accordance with relevant standards
* Take a lead role for your discipline on your projects and preferably the lead designer role
* Collate plans and schedules and monitor work to meet deadlines, company quality assurance and other requirements
* Liaise and engage with clients and third parties as required
* Supervise and delegate to other members of staff as required
* Check / approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals
* Take a leading role in promoting health, safety, welfare and sustainability/environmental matters in all areas of your work
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are required?
* Relevant degree or experience
* Chartered/incorporated or working towards this
* Full driving licence
* Min 4 years on completion of qualifications
* Working for water industry clients
* Relevant design experience
* Communication skills; Verbal & Written
* Motivated with a positive attitude
* Use of CAD / Revit and a working knowledge of BIM
* Working knowledge of sustainable practices
* Hydraulic calculations, including use
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy