If you want to be part of a company that hires only the best in the industry, SMT GB are currently recruiting for a Lead Workshop Engineer/Workshop Leading Hand at our Horsham site.
What does a Lead workshop Engineer/Workshop Leading Hand at SMT GB do?
Your responsibilities will be to liaise with the Workshop Coordinator to plan the day to day running of a busy construction/heavy machinery/plant workshop. Carry out repairs and service work on Volvo construction equipment, be involved with machine inspections and quotations, along with mentoring other engineers and apprentices within the workshop.
Why join SMT?
Our benefits are some of the best on the market and include:
* Great starting salary with annual pay reviews
* Additional London Weighting allowance for those that qualify (£2,150)
* Working 38.5 hours per week with enhanced overtime rates paid thereafter.
* 5% company pension contribution
* Company profit share bonus, paid out twice per annum.
* Annual OEM training
* Healthshield medical and dental cash plan for you and your family
* Yulife discounts across major UK retailers
* Refer a friend cash incentive.
* Choice of SMT branded clothing/uniform
* Overalls provided and laundered on a weekly basis
We ask that you:
* Hold a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Plant Maintenance, Land Based Engineering or HGV Maintenance
* Have mechanical experience working on construction, heavy plant, agricultural machinery, or HGV's.
* Have a comprehensive understand of hydraulics and electronics.
* Hold a full UK Driving Licence
Who we are:
We are Services, Machinery and Trucks (SMT) GB and are an internationally recognised market-leading distributor of Volvo Construction Equipment. A company that sets the benchmark in its market should also have the best employees, we are dedicated to attract, inspire, grow, engage and retain talented people to be part of best-performing teams that passionately deliver results
SMTGB prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
If you believe you have the skills required for this role and are interested in joining us as a Lead Workshop Engineer at SMT GB then we would love to hear from you, so 'apply now