Connect Recruit is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer on behalf of our client based in Swindon.
Are you a motivated and ambitious individual looking to work on development projects that can change communities and improve our built environment?
If so, we are looking for an experienced engineer to join our client team and help shape the Civil engineering team in Swindon. You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for delivering excellent client service and continuously seek innovative ways to enhance our projects and services.
Role Summary: You will report to the Principal Engineer for your team and will have responsibility for the successful technical and commercial execution of project work, including managing personnel and resources. You will be highly skilled, a good communicator and able to develop relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertaking complex analysis and design calculations
• Assisting with resource planning for effective project delivery and financial management
• Providing guidance and checking work of other engineers and technicians
• Understanding and implementing business management systems
• Assisting with the preparation and review of proposals and tenders
• Technical compliance with all statutory and Quality Management System procedures and guidance notes
• Assist with the training and appraisal of technical staff
• To enhance and grow the reputation of our client
You will be responsible for:
The successful technical and commercial execution of project work, including managing personnel
and resources. As a Senior Engineer you will be technically competent and be a good communicator,
and you will be able to develop relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
You will play a key role in defining and influencing the company culture. You will help set the tone
for communication and collaboration within the team, helping to foster good levels of employee
engagement, and increasing productivity and efficiency in a positive and supportive environment.
You will need to be from an engineering consultancy background with extensive experience in the residential industry with the ability to:
• Prepare technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the ISO9001
quality management system.
• Provide direction and technical advice to more junior project team members, taking a
proactive role in developing team members to their full potential.
• Develop effective teamwork within client team and as part of a wider design team of other
• Contribute to the delivery of multi-disciplinary schemes (civil, structural, geo-environmental)
as well as deliver all technical civil engineering services, in both cases demonstrating strong
communication and client management skills.
• Prepare technical and financial proposals.
Qualifications & Experience
• A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or alternative equivalent practical experience
• Near Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, Member of ICE or other relevant institution
• 5+ years experience in a consulting environment
• Knowledge of UK structural engineering design standards and Eurocodes
• Proven ability in engineering design & reporting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Full UK driving licence
Salary : 40k - 50k
Benefits: 25 days' annual leave Annual leave buy/sell scheme An additional 2 days annual leave at 5 years and a further 2 days at 10 years Company pension scheme Healthcare cash plan Life assurance Professional institution membership fees Professional development and training fees Employee assistance programme Cycle to work scheme
• core hours working
• company pension scheme
• healthcare cash plan
• life assurance
• professional institution membership fees
• professional development and training fees
• employee assistance programme
• cycle to work scheme
You'll also be able to give back to communities with the option to offer up to two paid Corporate
Social Responsibility days each year, volunteering with one of our nominated homelessness charities
or other similar charitable or community organisation.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please ring (phone number removed) option 3