We are delighted to be partnered with our client, an established and highly reputable environmental consultancy business as they seek to recruit a Technician to join their experienced, friendly and expanding teams. This is a field based role and will involve travelling to sites throughout the South East counties of the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but busy team within a very successful organisation.
A small company van will be provided with this role.
Full time permanent role - field based
Mon-Fri - 37.5 hours per week. No evenings or weekends.
Company headquarters close to Burgess Hill. There is plenty of free parking available on site for the occasions where you have to return to base.
Salary - £23000 per annum plus very good company benefits which include company bonus, Benefits allowances, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 23 days holiday per year plus Christmas shut-down
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful business which has grown 100% since 2010. They take on a wide range of projects including; investigations of former gas works, petrol stations, landfills, chemical works, government sites, airports and railways, as well as schools, hospitals and green field sites.
Duties will include:
* Primarily travelling around sites mainly in the south-east undertaking groundwater and ground gas monitoring using sensitive scientific instruments - training will be provided.
* Providing manual support to consultant engineers either on-site in the form of setting up sites (fencing, traffic management or the like), trial pitting, soakage tests, in-situ testing or with sorting of soil samples. Therefore, an element of manual handling will be required and applicants will need to be physically fit to fulfil the role.
* Occasionally it may be required to transfer samples to laboratories in Sussex or the London area.
* As the role develops the candidate may be given smaller projects of their own to manage and supervise.
* Travel is an important part of the role, given how the company geographic coverage has expanded over the last six years.
Experience, competencies and knowledge required:
* Strong team player
* Reliability - much of the work is time sensitive to meet client deadlines
* Ability to take instruction and meet deadlines.
* The ability to plan and manage your own workload effectively.
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Full UK driving license.
* Experience of driving small commercial vehicles preferred but this is not essential
For more information regarding this new and exciting opportunity, please apply now! Short-listing will take place soon - don't miss out!
Wild Recruitment Ltd T/A First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job