White Label are proud to be working with leading modular building business who have the reputation of delivering quality product to their clients in their search for an Steel Detailer/Senior Steel Detailer due to number of orders and projects won!
This is a great opportunity to join a business that have the reputation of high employee retention and are very well renowned for career progression and growth.
You will work in a fast-paced environment and you will get to see and experience everything from concept to completion.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Superstructure Designer will play a critical role in our end-to-end design and build company. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and detailing steel structures along with the rest of the superstructure team.
You will also work with architects, structural engineers and the construction teams to ensure the designs are created and issued on time to meet the project requirements and standards.
The successful Steel Detailer/Senior Steel Detailer will be tasked in producing new drawings based on the customers' specifications. But also:
* Lead on multiple projects to design and detail steel and timber structures in accordance with project requirements and standards
* Design and detail of steel structures in accordance with project requirements and standards, as well as following Reds10 standard details
* Review and approve shop drawings and fabrication details
* Ensure that designs comply with relevant building codes, standards, and regulations
* Ensure designs follow the structural engineers' calculations to create a compliant design
* Collaboration with architects, engineers, and construction teams to ensure that designs meet project requirements and standards
* Technical support and assistance for project teams
* Accurate project documentation
* Minimum 2 years' experience in producing drawings of Modular Buildings ideally but open to other similar industries (Architectural, Construction, Caravan, Holiday Home, etc)
* Strong technical knowledge of steelwork design and detailing
* Proficient in steelwork design software, such as Tekla Structures or Revit with ability to teach others
* Knowledge of construction and building codes
Salary & Benefits:
* Up-to £60,000 (Dependent on Experience)
* 37.5 working week:
* Monday - Thursday - 8 am - 5pm
* Friday - 8 am - 2pm
* Bonus (Up-to 30%)
* Private Medical - BUPA & Medicash
* Electrical Car Company Scheme
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Opportunity to work for a business where they have very high retention of staff and are one of the best when it comes to support and progression