Up to $105,381/annually
The primary purpose of this position is to administer assigned construction projects by accomplishing required construction engineering and contract administration duties and by supervising MnDOT employees that are assigned to assist the Engineer in contract administration. In addition, the Project Engineer will be responsible for design engineering and supervision of road plan preparation in the winter and supervising the finalization of construction projects in accordance with established policies, regulations and guidelines.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Paid parental leave available
- Telework may be available
- And more!
- Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). Valid Class D Driver’s License.
Engineer 2 Graduate:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university or its equivalency as rated by NCEES/EAC. A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. Two years post-graduation civil engineering work. Valid Class D Driver’s License
- Received a passing score on the Minnesota Principals & Practices of Civil Engineering (PE) Exam.
- A master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university substitutes for one year of post-graduate civil engineering work.
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/11/2023:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “Search open positions”
- Enter the Job Opening ID “71292” in the Keywords search box and click “>>”
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting
- Click “Apply for Job”
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other –ASCE/Laura Saari
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Laura Saari, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist