As a Structural Intern at Gessner Engineering, you will assist a team of Structural Engineering professionals with the completion of projects. Your specific responsibilities are commiserated with experience and the expected learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of industry professionals, from EITs to Senior PEs and PMs.\
- Coordinate across internal disciplines like survey, structural, geotechnical, etc. and external sub consultants if necessary.
- Assist with design for a variety of projects including site plans, land development, and municipal infrastructure.
- Visit project sites to assist with data collections and construction observation duties.
- Manage time and workload effectively, including planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of civil engineers and designers. Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- In working with Gessner, you will obtain
- Experience in the use of various structural design codes and specifications including but not limited to IBC, IRC, ASCE 7, ACI, PCI, AISC, NDS, and TMS
- Experience in design and detailing of various construction materials, including steel, cold formed metal framing, conventional and post-tensioned concrete, concrete masonry, and conventional and engineered wood
- Experience in the design and analysis of building structures
- Experience in the development of comprehensive construction documents
- Bluebeam, Autodesk REVIT, RISA, or RAM Structural System experience
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student working towards a Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with Structural focus.
- Capable of working a minimum of 16 hours a week during the school semester.
Gessner Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.