As a Civil Intern at Gessner Engineering, you will contribute to the completion of Civil Engineering projects by supporting engineering teams in the drafting and design of project deliverables.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a diverse group of industry professionals, from EITs to Senior PEs and PMs.
- Coordinate across internal disciplines like survey, structural, geotechnical, etc. and external sub consultants if necessary.
- Assist with design for a variety of projects including site plans, land development, and municipal infrastructure.
- Visit project sites to assist with data collections and construction observation duties.
- Manage time and workload effectively, including planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of civil engineers and designers. Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Civil 3D basics
- Design simple pipe networks for storm sewer, water, sanitary, and electrical utilities
- Detail of basic design components
- Perform Drainage Analysis with modeling
- Model pond sizing
- Write Drainage and water reports
- Construction Documents Sheet Set Up
- Paving and Construction Joint Design
- Sizing Storm Sewer
- Creating cost estimates for projects
- Requesting necessary information from city engineers
- Create Drainage Area Maps
- Write Preliminary Engineering Reports
- Culvert Analysis
- Pay App Site Visit
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student working towards a Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to work 16+ hours weekly
Gessner Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.