1. To undertake allocated projects, tasks and functions appropriate to Traffic and Highway Services from start to completion to meet the targets and quality standards required by the Council. This includes traffic / transport / parking related schemes such as traffic calming, school streets, cycle improvements local safety etc.
2. To undertake informal and statutory consultations including preparation of schedules.
3. To prepare Cabinet Member report and seek approval including publications and Call-In
4. To carry out technical tasks relating to the activities of the Future Merton team including updating computerised registers, record keeping, filing, relaying of messages and distribution of documents.
5. To contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of service policies, procedures and practices.
* To carry out site inspections and investigations including the taking of measurements and making of accurate records and the inspection of works and monitoring of contractors' performance.
* To collect, collate and extract other survey data, including the commissioning of surveys and prepare the appropriate technical reports.
* To analyse survey and other data and produce summaries of the information, interpretation of the data and conclusions drawn.
* To undertake design work or feasibility studies for minor schemes or straightforward elements of more complex schemes, including the preparation of drawings to the appropriate standards and the requirements of the CDM 2007 regulations.
* To deal with all development site within the borough providing advise, support, supervision and safeguarding the Council's interests.
* To advise the public and others on schemes and projects as required including assisting in the conduct of public consultation.
* To assist in the preparation of drawings, works orders and tenders for work including specifications, estimates and bills of quantities.
The post holder is expected to be committed to the Council's core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way they carry out their duties. In addition they should be available to carry out such other duties, as may be required which are consistent with the grade and scope of the post, as required