Civil Engineer - NuclearVulcain Engineering - UKBristol, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Do you have the energy to transform?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact supporting the UK Governments strategy of Net Zero 2050?
Vulcain Engineering Group provides Engineering consultancy services across multiple Industry sectors on a global scale. With operations in 40 countries and employing over 2700 staff worldwide, our business responds to the needs of our clients by providing expertise in the form of high added value engineering services. Our UK business, is well positioned within the UK Nuclear industry. By consistently delivering exemplary outcomes for our customers the Group has seen steady growth and expansion.
We now have exciting permanent opportunities for motivated and suitably qualified Junior Civil Engineer to join our our Technical Communities based in the South West of England, and be a part of making valuable contributions to the mega-infrastructure, Nuclear New Build project at Hinkley Point C (HPC).
The ideal candidate will be comfortable facilitating the construction in coordinating the stakeholders of the projects and producing deliverables such as design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes. They should have experience with working with CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawing and models. By utilising strong organisational and communication skills, this candidate will also have the ability to execute a project based on the criteria outlined.
- Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data from other disciplines.
- Production of deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
- Coordinate of a CAD Design team. Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models and drawings.
- Coordinate comments from other external entities (client organization) on these documents and make sure that the final content is agreed by all parties.
- Ensuring the consistency of the input data;
- Producing deliverables such as design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes, technical specifications, calculation notes, etc.;
- Developing RC design modifications related to Civil Contractor or Client change requests (specific to Site Base);
- Justifying the compliance of modifications with Civil Standards (ETC-C, RCC-CW, Eurocodes, CDM) and Nuclear Safety Requirements.
- Facilitating the construction in coordinating the stakeholders of the projects (Civil detailed design providers, construction teams, project management, client);
- Interfacing with multidisciplinary teams to assess the impact of the modifications
- Visiting the construction site to follow up the progress and understand the issues/requests (specific to Site Base);
- Managing a part of a Nuclear Building after some months in the project;
- Controlling the detail design notes and drafts from external design offices design surveillance
- Maintaining company and customers QA procedures in the delivery of the civil design of a nuclear reactor site
- Working with CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawing and models
- Writing related technical notes to support delivery
- Participating in technical communities to support the development of other Vulcain staff
- Flexible working
- Private medical & dental insurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Matched Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development
- Employee referral scheme
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Travel & Life Insurance
- Employee assistance program
*Salary depending on experience*
Due to the nature of the work role holders will be required to undergo a Basic Security clearance (BPSS) and must have Permanent Independent Right to Work in the UK.