Quantity Surveyor | Civil Engineering Highways Contractor | Leyland
£40,000 - £45,000 + £5000 car allowance
This is an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a team based in Leyland. You will report and be supporting by a Managing Quantity Surveyor, and you should ideally have a minimum of three years' experience in Quantity Surveying with a good knowledge of Civil Engineering and Highways. This is an office-based role, and hybrid working is also an option. The responsibilities:
- Price and submission of quotations for works on maintenance contracts.
- Liaise with operational staff including clients and subcontractors.
- Ensure scheme costs are correct on cost system (Nav13) and raise and queries where necessary.
- Attend internal / external meetings (both electronically and face to face)
- Manage subcontract supply chain, issuing orders assessing Subcontract AFPs and the processing of payments.
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value through a monthly CVR process.
- Assessment and submission of quotations / compensation events.
- Surveying Degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- Experience of working as a Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractor
- Experience of NEC3/4 and working on frameworks
- Experience of digital systems, particularly Microsoft
- Demonstrable record of supporting the commercial team managing complex, high value contracts
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Excellent ability to work independently and within a team.
- Enthusiastic and willingness to take ownership of contracts / frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Full UK driving licence.
- An awareness of NEC 4 contracts and options would be desirable.
- Company car allowance
- Hybrid working
- Private medical cover
- Group protection income
- Family friendly policies