We are actively seeking a civil engineering project manager for site-based roles in the North East and Scotland. In this capacity, you will operate on-site, working under the direct supervision of either the contracts manager or contract director. As a member of our collaborative team, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the management and successful execution of various civil engineering projects. Our organisation is characterised by a flat management structure, creating a flexible work environment where individuals with strong self-motivation and practical problem-solving skills can truly excel. We are committed to fostering your professional growth and experience by providing substantial exposure to a diverse range of projects within a supportive work environment.Key responsibilities include:
What we are looking for
- Management of the works managers and site agents on the project. These roles will report directly to the project manager.
- Ensuring a safety first attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the company to ensure the health and safety of the companys personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
- Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the companys health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified and implement the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate.
- Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
- Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
- Liaise with and maintain existing client relationships and develop new where possible.
- Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the projects lifespan and ensuring compliance with projects budgets and programme.
- Managing the project delivery team to ensure adequate plant, labour and subcontract resources are available in a timely manner to comply with project timescales.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensuring adequate plant, labour, subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the projects timescales.
- Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring and reporting their performance, including financial, throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the site agent or project manager, for inclusion in the projects financial CVRs and forecasts to completion
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
- Implementing solutions to resolve operational issues arising on a project.
- Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
- Mentoring and guidance for your team and operatives to fully develop their construction competencies.
- With a Degree, HND or equivalent in civil engineering, you should be able to demonstrate strong project management experience within highways, structures and drainage experience:
- Experienced in delivering infrastructure projects and managing whole or sections of a project
- Experience in design & build projects
- Experienced in working for a self-delivery civil engineering contractor
- Experienced in planning resources and setting resources to work safely and efficiently.
- Knowledge of plant working and training requirements.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills to write and present reports, prepare business management documents, and present information and responses while participating in meetings with clients and other parties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Full UK Driving Licence and a willingness to travel and work at UK based sites is also required.
What youll get in returnYou can expect
- Experience with programming software.
- Experience in delivering onshore wind farm infrastructure projects.
- Experience in delivering underground cable connection projects.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Private healthcare
- Company vehicle