Job Title: Construction Engineer - Mechanical / Piping Discipline LeadLocation: Bridgwater, SomersetCompensation: Competitive plus Additional BenefitsRole Type: Full time / PermanentRole ID: SF52399
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Construction Engineer - Mechanical / Piping Discipline Lead at our Hinkley Point C site.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main MEH, cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500-rooms.The role
As a Construction Engineer - Mechanical/Piping Discipline Lead you'll delegate of responsibilities to CE's/Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice.
Day to day, you'll deliver Construction Workpacks to support the MEH Alliance programme and enable the use of the Procon system to support the construction works and progress reporting of the MEH Alliance.
Essential experience of the Construction Engineer - Mechanical / Piping Discipline Lead:
- Ensuring documents are compliant with latest works information and other MEH documentation
- Ensure documents are kept up-to-date and reviewed on a minimum 6 monthly basis
- Ownership and driving of deliverables from conception to A-Accepted status >90% first time accepted criteria
- Prioritisation and ownership of documentation to enable construction works as per the level 4 plan. E.g. T-3 months accepted prior to works
- Support continuous improvement programmes to improve process/procedures
- Provide and demonstrate a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project
- Proven track record in nuclear power preferred
- Experience working on major construction projects
- Experienced in delivering and operating at a Engineer or Senior Engineer level, including experience working within Joint Ventures
This role is full-time, based onsite at HPC.Qualifications for the Construction Engineer - Mechanical / Piping Discipline Lead:
- Degree Qualification (or Equivalent)
- Relevant Professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the BPSS level of security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 15/12/2023