Principal / Associate Geo-Environmental Engineer
Location: Glasgow with hybrid / remote working
Salary: £55,000 - £68,000 dependant on experience & level plus package
A successful geo-environmental consultancy providing high quality, practical and technically robust solutions to a varied client base, including developers, house builders, distillers, local authorities, contractors, consulting engineers & architects is looking for a Principal / Associate Geo-Environmental Engineer.
Operating from offices in Glasgow, with hybrid and flexible working arrangements this role will focus on interpretation and project/team management and be responsible for detailed management of all projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting junior staff undertaking geo-environmental projects through PRA and site investigation phases, including the production of high-quality interpretive reports, adhering to procedures.
- Technical review of geo-environmental Phase 1 & 2 reports and associated documents
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Lead for larger complex sites providing geo-environmental technical and project management support to junior staff. This will include a range of sites from simple site investigations through to large complex multi-disciplinary brownfield strategic development on former industrial installations
- Manage projects to meet both commercial and technical requirements and working with technical and projects leads to deliver appropriate solutions
- Practical experience in designing, supervising and managing ground investigations for geo-environmental and/ or geotechnical assessments on wide range of sites
- Experienced project manager in an environmental/ engineering consultancy environment
- Proven experience of preparing tenders and fee proposals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation in the UK
- Full UK driving licence
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc degree level qualified in Geology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering or a related subject
- MSc in Land contamination/ hydrogeology or Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or Contaminated Land preferable but not essential
- Chartered Geologist, Scientist or Engineer with a relevant professional body or working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution
For further information and to apply please get in touch
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs