Job Profile for Design Engineer - 00266475
Design Engineer required for a designer and manufacturer based in Port Talbot. The successful candidate will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and solid design skills in Autodesk Inventor.Design Engineer Position Overview
- Interpreting customer information and producing 3D models and drawings for client approval (we use Autodesk Inventor) Everything we build is custom order so there is a high degree of variation in design reliant upon customer specifications, loading requirements, etc.
- Preparing product drawings for manufacture
- Internal FEA analysis
- Coordinating and communicating with external structural engineers
- Parametric modelling - automation of existing models to scale design process
- Research and development/new product development
- Innovation and development of existing product rangeDesign Engineer Position Requirements
Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- Ideally steel experience
- Design experience in metal working, particularly experience in designing steel parts that need to be laser profiled or folded
- Experience designing construction products - this is not necessarily civil engineering experience but experience in designing products that will be incorporated into civil works (concrete works, buildings, etc)
- Salary dependent on experience most likely up to Circa £47k
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.