Job Title: Lead Construction EngineerLocation: Milton Keynes, UKSalary: Up to £70,000About Us:
We are dedicated to delivering excellence in construction engineering for major projects in the petrochemical and energy transition industries. We are seeking a skilled Home Office Construction Engineer to join our dynamic team at our Milton Keynes office. In this role, you will play a crucial part in the proposal, design, and execution phases of our projects.Responsibilities:As a Home Office Construction Engineer, your primary responsibilities will include:
Typical Background and Experience:
- Collaborating with various Home Office departments, construction sites, and clients to deliver project requirements.
- Providing constructability insights for feasibility studies, FEED (Front-End Engineering Design), detailed design, and field construction.
- Organizing and facilitating constructability workshops and programs, leading to the creation of final constructability reports.
- Developing organizational charts and mobilization schedules.
- Defining and crafting plans for Temporary Site Facilities.
- Producing construction execution plans.
- Preparing construction sequences to support construction schedule development.
- Offering ad-hoc technical support to construction sites.
- Participating in site surveys and contributing construction insights to survey reports.
- Assisting in the prequalification of subcontractors, including site visits and surveys.
- Aiding in estimating construction costs, both direct and indirect.
- Coordinating transportation and logistics surveys and reports.
- Assisting projects in developing heavy lifting strategies.
- Overseeing site preparation, pre-construction, and site enabling works.
- Frequent business trips to construction sites and client offices.
Desirable Experience / Qualifications:While not required, the following qualifications and experiences would be highly advantageous:
- To excel in this role, you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably on major projects in the petrochemical, energy transition, or related fields.
- HNC or Degree in a relevant engineering or construction subject.
- Strong spatial awareness with a practical problem-solving mindset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in technical writing.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with interpreting drawings, specifications, engineering procedures, and model reviews.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (UK).
- A strong safety ethic and a personal sense of responsibility for the safety of others.
- Exposure to NEC contracts.
- Familiarity with CDM (Construction, Design, and Management) regulations across design and construction phases.
- Experience in using 2D CAD software, such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation.