We are looking for a customer facing Engineer to join our well established, multi national company based in Hook, Hampshire. If you are an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who can demonstrate extensive laboratory experience along with a keen interest in the geotechnical field, this could be the job for you.
BASIC SALARY: £24,000 - £30,000
· 21 days holiday (Rising one day per year)
· Free Lunch
· Company Bonus
· Share Incentive Scheme
· Life Assurance
LOCATION: Hook, Hampshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Basingstoke, Reading, Farnham, Fleet, Alton
WHY JOIN US?:
· Friendly and supportive working environment
· Company bonus paid yearly which is the equivalent of 4 weeks salary
· Part of a share scheme that has risen by over 400% in the last 5 years
For 40 years, we have been designing computer controlled systems to evaluate the properties of soil and rock and have built a fantastic reputation within the geotechnical and earthquake testing sector.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Geotechnical Engineer, Manufacturing, Test and Measurement
The role of a Geotechnical Systems Engineer is a vital customer facing role where the engineer will be an ambassador working out of our office and in customer laboratories internationally.
In addition to having a good understanding of our bespoke equipment and its operation, the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
· The preparation and maintenance of product manuals.
· System assembly and QA testing for customer orders ready for shipment.
· In-house testing and calibration of products and systems.
· Preparation, maintenance and implementation of internal technical procedures.
· Recording and updating of documentation associated with QA and customer orders.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Geotechnical Engineer, Manufacturing, Test and Measurement
To be a successful Geotechnical Systems Engineer, you will have a keen interest in the equipment and its operation. It is essential that you have laboratory experience along with possessing excellent customer service skills both in person and on the telephone. You will be a natural problem solver, methodical and have the ability to take on multiple tasks at once. You must be a minimum of graduate level to be considered.
You will also have:
· An enthusiasm and understanding of Geotechnical/Civil Engineering both in theory and practice.
· Confidence in a multitude of IT platforms.
· The drive and ability to learn 'on the job' with our in-house developed software packages and become familiar with technical terminology.
We are looking for an individual that wants a career. Many of our graduates stay with us for many years and become seasoned and senior engineers. We want employees with the ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages and a drive and desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
It is likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Systems Engineer, Graduate Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Test Engineer, Systems Engineer
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: DN17480, Wallace Hind Selection