BlueScope Buildings has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, summer Project Management Intern to join our organization. The Project Management Intern will gain exposure to a wide range of engineering concepts including working on active steel projects, participating in a collaborative work environment, project coordination and learning the process of design and design checking.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills they may have acquired in school related to their particular areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. The candidate will have opportunities to network with different functional areas within our business.
Job Duties include:
- Develop understanding of frontlog/backlog process and reporting
- Learn to report on monthly project financials
- Learn to review bid documents and estimates
- Develop understanding of BBNA systems and software
- Work with PA’s/PM’s/PEM’s on Continuous Improvement projects and developing project controls
- Learn project risk assessment and mitigation
- Develop understanding of claims/back charge process and resolution
- Learn project intake processes.
- Learn how to clarify and plan a project schedule.
- Learn how to manage schedules of and expectations of a team.
- Learn to coordinate with different project disciplines.
- Gain a better overall understanding of building projects from design through fabrication.