Do you have a passion for infrastructure design?
Join our clients' leading Civil Infrastructure Team who have built a great reputation over the years across the UK. Our multi-disciplinary client has teams that work on a diverse range of projects from local community infrastructure schemes to strategic national projects. With exciting growth plans in place, there has never been a better time to join them.
As a Civil Engineer in the Infrastructure sector, you will take responsibility for the technical delivery and approval of a variety of projects as well as reviewing the work produced by the team. You will play a key role in delivering high quality design projects on time and within budget.
* Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health, and leisure developments.
* Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation
* Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
* Site audits and feasibility assessments
* Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships
* Support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
What you need to succeed:
* Relevant degree plus 5+ years' experience in a civil engineering role
* Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
* Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
* Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using Micro Drainage
* Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using Auto Track.
* Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
* Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency
* Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc
* Effective project and client management skills together with a high standard of written and oral communication
* Positive approach who enjoys generating and applying creative solutions to project challenges
* Sound commercial awareness is vital