Senior Geotechnical Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical team working across the UK, primarily based on projects in Northern England, initially near Huddersfield. The role will involve the planning, management, and successful delivery of complex geotechnical projects to the highest technical, quality, and safety standards.Your missionAs Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Who are we looking for?
- Managing the safe and profitable delivery of the project and contract in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Maintaining high levels of personal safety and environmental standards, implementing safe systems of work on site
- Supervising and mentoring the project team
- Monitoring project commercial performance, seeking opportunities to increase value through change and mitigate risk to ensure successful financial outcomes
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives
- Encouraging repeat business by adopting a professional attitude with clients and stakeholders
- Ensuring processes are in place for the preparation, review and briefing of method statements, activity plans and risk assessments and measures are implemented to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly
- Providing tender advice on potential compliance issues, technical approach and opportunities for alternative scope
- Establishing, maintaining and monitoring an effective programme
Whats in it for you?
- You will have a broad range of geotechnical contracting experience to include some (or all) of the following - piling/nailing/ground anchors/slope stabilisation/specialist grouting
- You will be able to demonstrate great communication skills at all levels across all stakeholders
- You will have a can do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Preferred - RoGEP, Professional Membership, CSCS card, SMSTS, FAaW
- Competitive salary
- A wide range of family friendly policies
- Company car / car allowance / travel allowance
- 8% matched pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26 days holiday
- 2 wellbeing days
- 1 volunteering day
- Personal and professional development
BAM are committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
BAM are committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at any time you feel we need to do something to make it more accessible to you, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.