Are you an experienced Senior Structural Engineer looking to join a successful, North-east based civil engineering consultancy?If so, this may be the perfect role for you.We are looking for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our Inverness office, working with construction materials such as timber, steel and concrete.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out these core responsibilities:
- Takes on role of Project Manager for smaller or routine projects, leading project meetings and managing client interactions.
- Coordinates the daily activities of a project team including allocating and checking work.
- Coordinates activities with colleagues and team members to meet deadlines and achieve set targets in the most effective and efficient way.
- Ensures junior team members are adhering to delivery standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own industry.
- Develops business by maintaining client relationships and ensuring client loyalty and repeat work through excellent customer service and delivery.
To be successful, you will need to be a Chartered Structural Engineer or working towards this with at least 5 years post-graduation experience.You will be responsible for a broad range of design and analysis tasks, working as part of a team to provide the highest level of professional services to our clients. The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical support to the team, as well as providing guidance and mentorship to junior engineers.You should be able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and experience in the use of structural design software, particularly with timber, steel and concrete structures. You should also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of building regulations, standards and codes of practice.We can offer you a competitive salary, along with additional benefits such as flexible working hours, a generous holiday allowance and the opportunity to work in an exciting and professional environment.If you are looking for a new challenge and want to work with a successful, North-east based civil engineering consultancy, then we would love to hear from you.Please apply today with your CV and covering letter to be considered for this role.
- Qualification / Degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years recent and current experience
- Working towards or already attained Chartered or equivalent.
- Experience of structural and civil engineering design ideally in a variety of sectors, structural forms, and materials.
- Experience in managing technicians using REVIT and Civil3D
- Knowledge and application of engineering principles including supervising and checking technical drawings
- Experience of managing small projects is beneficial
- Supervising, mentoring, or developing less experienced engineers.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Salaries are normally reviewed on 1st September each year. Any overtime worked would be paid at a rate of 1.6 x hourly rate, and you would qualify for participation in the Firms Pension and Life Assurance arrangements.
- We offer private health care insurance with one of the UKs leading health care providers. The policy can also be extended to cover family members.
- Our working hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:00am-3:30pm every second Friday, with the other Friday off as part of our "9-day fortnight" policy.
- Holiday entitlement would be 34 days per annum. We do not generally close for public holidays, except for over the Christmas and New Year period.