We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced chartered structural engineer with an enthusiastic self-motivated disposition, excellent project and team development skills who is looking for a new challenge! Joining the existing structural engineering team, you will be integral to the business development as the practice continues to grow. You will not only be able to put your existing structural engineering experience to effective use but also be able to gain understanding and have full involvement in every aspect of a developing business! You will also benefit from the infrastructure and procedures already established. They currently work in the residential and commercial sectors on a wide spectrum of projects that range in size from small domestic alterations up to large multi-million-pound projects.Whats on offer:
About the role:
- Salary £65,000 depending on experience.
- Progression to Director level within 2 5 years.
- 25 rising to 30 days holiday.
- Flexible working.
Our client is looking for a chartered structural engineer capable of creative thinking to resolve design challenges whilst undertaking the detailed structural design and analysis of elements and frames in concrete, steel, timber, and masonry, liaising directly with architects and other members of the design team to meet project deadlines. Alongside this you would also be responsible for taking the technical lead with the existing team, mentoring as required and promoting CPD.Responsibilities:
What are we looking for?
- Project review, fee proposal and tender document preparation for prospective clients at domestic and commercial level.
- Undertake inspections of existing buildings and site visits before and during construction to confirm design compliance and suitability for conversion.
- Oversee project delivery, budgeting, invoicing, and client management.
- Act as technical lead, guide, and mentor the existing team.
- Must have an Engineering degree Meng/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Achieved chartership with the IStrctE or ICE.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years structural engineering experience within the UK
- Proven technical knowledge and experience of delivering projects from concept design through to tender stage.
- Excellent analysis and technical design ability are essential.
- Experience managing, leading, and running a team as the principal point of contact for structural engineering design projects.
- Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, procedures, and structural principles.