Ideally you will be a chartered structural engineer or have ambition to be chartered soon with experience in the design of building structures in all common materials across the major sectors. Ideally you will have around 5 - 7 years design experience. You must be able to communicate well with clients and other members of the design team and be able to work as a team to help deliver several projects at one time.
You will also have experience in carrying out inspections and reports on building structures to identify defects with recommendations for appropriate remedial options. You should have experience in using Tedds and Tekla Structures or similar types of software. You will require a full clean UK driving license. Ongoing professional development with regular CPD events and either IStructE or ICE professional and technical courses can be provided. Assistance with progression to chartership with assistance from our inhouse chartered engineers is also provided.Whats on offer:
About the role:
- Starting salary based on experience is £40k - £50k.
- 28 days holiday.
- Flexible working.
- Company Pension Scheme.
What are we looking for?
- You will be responsible for managing a small team to deliver projects in value of around £1m - £20m.
- You will be expected to provide regular updates to the Directors and include management of fees, timescales and resourcing and ensure compliance with the companies QA policies.
- You will also be expected to assist with mentoring graduate engineers and technicians alongside other members of senior staff.
- Must have an Engineering degree Meng/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Civil and structural design work including calculations and drawings.
- Achieved or working towards chartership with the IStrctE or ICE.
- Proven technical knowledge and experience of delivering projects from concept design through to tender stage.
- Excellent analysis and technical design ability are essential.
- Experience managing, leading, and running a team as the principal point of contact for structural engineering design projects.
- Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, procedures, and structural principles.