Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Boyd recruitment are currently recruiting a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for a well-established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in Glasgow.
Our client operates across several markets and offer full in-house design services to the commercial, industrial, retail, and transportation sectors.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a permanent basis.The Job
You will have graduated with a minimum of an HND and have at least three years experience working as a Geotechnical Engineer.
You will be working on a variety of projects with responsibilities to look after the following:
- Foundation Inspections
- Data collection, manipulation and interpretation of both geotechnical and chemical data as part of site investigations for wide range of schemes
- Preparation of Geotechnical Desk Studies, Interpretative and Mining Reports
- Design, Procurement and Supervision of Site Investigations.
- Undertake geotechnical analysis and design e.g. foundation design, slope stability
- assessments etc
- Site support and monitoring activities on infrastructure construction contracts
- Supervision of graduate and technician team members
- First degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- An MSc in Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology would be advantageous
- Four to six years post graduate experience is minimum requirement
- Evidence of working towards Chartered membership of Geological Society or Institution of Civil Engineers
- Appreciation of current and relevant software packages
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Good report writing and communication skills required
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Confidence and ability to maximise the level of responsibility taken on projects, small and large
- Clean driving license
If you are interested in the SeniorGeotechnical Engineer position, please apply online attaching an up-to-date CV or contact Lorna on 07765292201.