Seeking a Lead Project Engineer specialising in the water industry, water management or pump solutions. Based at Hinkley Point C, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the water management networks within an ever-evolving environment. Reporting to the Project Manager, you'll provide expert advice, coordinate network installations, and maintain compliance with industry regulations. This role is a mixture of desk and site based.Location:
Hinkley Point CSalary:
£45,000 - £55,000Job Type:
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per weekMy Responsibilities
The main part of your job will be:
What are the requirements?
- Work through all project phases under NEC3 contract, from scoping through to delivery.
- Take ownership and co-ordinate our vast water management network, including a dedicated team to ensure service and compliance are maintained.
- Interface between client, Tier 1 contractors, and Tier 2 contractors to deliver packages of work.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance activities, prioritise tasks, and allocate resources to maintain compliance and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Scope, plan, and coordinate the installation, modification, or diversion of existing infrastructure networks to support surrounding construction.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advise for the development, expansion, modification and decommissioning of the network.
- Provide a focal point for resolving emergency scenarios or unforeseen interruptions to service, ensuring prompt resolution and minimal service interruptions.
To be successful, youll need:
Benefits for you
- Experience in the water industry, construction sector or pump suppliers.
- Relevant qualifications in the discipline (HNC, HND, BSc) or demonstrable experience within the sector.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate effective collaboration with teams and stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making ability, capable of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing water management requirements with the complexities of a construction project.
At Turnbull we take pride in how we support professional development, enabling career progression and a wide range of exciting opportunities for everyone. We firmly believe that investing in our people is the key to our success, that is why we offer the following financial and non-financial benefits to support your financial, health and wellbeing:
Turnbull About Us Turnbull Infrastructure and Utilities Ltd What were all about
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 28 over five years
- Opportunity to buy up to two weeks additional holiday
- Pension scheme offering up to 20% combined contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Optimise Health Plan supporting you with your healthcare costs
- £1000 Refer a friend/family scheme
- Life assurance of up to four times your salary
- A range of family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cashback and discounts from over 1,200 retailers
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Paid community day
We are leaders in lifecycle construction and operations for the utilities and infrastructure sectors.
From design and build to facility management and maintenance, we provide a single, sustainable, end-to-end solution for engineering projects, saving money, reducing waste and adding long-term value to local communities and the wider economy.
Turnbull is an award-winning progressive business, who have won the RoSPA health and safety awards for our work at Hinkley Point C for the last five years.
The services we provide through to our clients include but are not limited too.
Design and Build Services
Consent Management and Delivery
Delivery of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering services
Low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) electrical power distribution systems
Sewage systems and pumping stations
Biological waste treatment plants
Telecommunication networks (copper and fibre)
Drinking water distribution networks and booster stations
Surface and ground water drainage systems inclusive of borehole delivery and management
Roadway and pedestrian walkway lighting networks
Management of environmental discharge permit and scientific services
Earth works and ground remediation services
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check.