As part of our plan to secure a low-carbon energy future, new nuclear station that has been granted planning permission with construction expected to commence in 2024. It is a nationally significant infrastructure project with a vital role in the UK's climate change agenda and energy policy. The project will have a big impact in the drive to reduce carbon emissions in the UK.
The impact of new nuclear buildstretches beyond the immediate project site, both in delivering low carbon electricity to 6 million households, as well as in creating a step change in local, regional and national economic growth and delivering wider social and environmental benefits. As part of our plan to secure a low-carbon energy future. The project will have a big impact in the drive to reduce carbon emissions in the UK.
To support the Site Environment Oversight Manager in the delivery and maintenance of environmental arrangements, site environmental inspections and review of contractor environmental documentation. These arrangements and inspections will allow Sizewell C to demonstrate compliance and best practice in environmental performance throughout the construction phase of the project.
Principial Accountabilities, Activities and Decision
* environmental inspections across the Sizewell C site.
* Leading review of contractor documentation such as Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Construction Environmental Management Plans
* Supporting the Site Environment Oversight Manager with development of Environmental Arrangements
* Supporting the Incident Reporting, Design Change and Procurement and Delivery Processes as appropriate to ensure environmental, and sustainability requirements are considered.
* Implementation of environmental performance measurement, review, and reporting requirements.
* Supporting maintaining compliance with the Environmental Management System, ensuring that, through its implementation, the effects of the activities of the construction site conform to its environmental policy and associated objectives and targets.
* Supporting on site engagement with site team and responding to queries raised by site teams and sub-contractors
* The Environment, Decommissioning and Radiation Safety Function is part of the Safety, Licensing and Assurance Directorate and collaborates closely with other teams throughout the organisation.
* Responsibility for advising and supporting the project on environmental compliance and environmental management activities.
* Most of the working week will be spent on site at Sizewell C in Suffolk.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Strong Problem Solving and Organisational Skills.
* Must be able to work independently and demonstrate excellent communication/interpersonal and influencing skills.
* A well-developed skillset with regards to the communication with a variety of stakeholders.
* Accuracy and diligence, with the ability to see projects through from start to finish.
* Driving License with experience or being will to learn to drive 4x4 vehicles
* Knowledge of environmental legislation in the UK relevant to a construction site, plus knowledge of the supporting guidance, reference notes, industry best practice
Qualifications & Experience
* Degree qualified or equivalent in an environmental, science or related discipline.
* Experience in EPR permit compliance is desirable.
* Member of a related Professional Body
* CITB Trained
This contract/ temporary vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.