Our clients are seeking a Graduate Civil Engineer, ideally with 1 to 3 years relevant post graduate experience to join their Civils and Rail team in the Glasgow office.
The Civils and Rail team are involved in development projects across Scotland. You will work within a small and enthusiastic team receiving guidance from an experienced engineer. Your tasks will include producing options / feasibility studies, engineering related reports, technical notes and drawings, and undertaking structural analysis and design of bridges and other heavy civils structures.
As you progress you can expect to be active on a number of projects and to work with a number of clients at any given time
The Graduate Civil Engineer's role includes the following duties:
* Preparation of Feasibility Studies and Technical Notes, under the guidance of senior staff.
* Analysis of bridge structures using LUSAS. Guidance and training will be provided.
* Preparation of drawings using AutoCAD software.
* Preparation of diagrams and figures for insertion into reports using Microsoft programs.
* Preparing briefs for and overseeing the work of specialist sub-consultants.
* Undertaking occasional site inspections and surveys.
* Attending site visits and meetings alongside senior staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
* MEng / MSc Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering ideally with 1 - 3 years post qualification experience working in a Civil Engineering environment.
* A numerate person with high levels of communication and presentation skills.
* Good report writing skills in English.
* Confidence in their work.
* Knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher.
* Experience using AutoCAD.
* Experience using LUSAS software would be an advantage.
* A flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
* A driving licence.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
If this sounds like the job for you please send me your CVASAP
Commutable from Clydebank, Paisley , Newton Mearns , East Killbride, Bellshill, Cumbernauld, Kirkintilloch
#graduate #civil #engineering #scotland #glasgow #CAD #LUSAS