Civil Engineer Sector:
Renewable Power Generation (Solar, BESS, Wind) Location:
London, UK Salary
: up to £70K + bonus + benefits
My client is a market leading Solar & BESS developer with a project portfolio of over 5GW across the UK.
Due the continued growth, they are now looking to hire an experienced Civil Engineer to support the business as they continue to grow. About the role:
As part of the Technical Team this role supports the development of solar and battery energy storage projects in the UK and international territories. This involves tracking technical design risk and providing mitigations in line with the development stage of our projects and working with technical stakeholders to achieve successful consent. Additionally, the successful candidate would support these projects through construction. The Role:
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- The management and reporting of project technical risk relating to ground conditions and civil design and the mitigation of these risks where appropriate using internal team and consultants.
- Procuring desk top site investigation materials and coordinating intrusive SI and field works as appropriate to quantify and mitigate risk
- Assessing highways impacts and progressing relevant approvals and licences such as S278 agreements.
- Managing other site-specific technical risks as they arise which could include a wide and diverse range of topics necessitating specialist support.
- Liaising with relevant technical stakeholders such as Highways Departments / Consultants to create acceptable submissions to the Local Authority.
- Qualified Civil Engineer or similar with at least 5 - 8 years in industry experience.
- Experience of managing risk and creating / maintaining records to track risk
- Experience working in or managing a team of multi-discipline consultants to explore and mitigate risk.
- Good map and geospatial appreciation, types, uses and how to interact with and use relevant data (topographical / DTM / DSM) and understanding of GIS, CAD and relevant BIM systems.
- Relevant site design experience in wind, solar, BESS or other infrastructure projects.
- Construction experience advantageous.
- Good professional communication and presentation skills.
- A problem solving and inquisitive approach to work and a grasp of realistic innovation.
- A passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, challenging environment.