As Graduate Project Civil Engineer, you will be based in our head office in Ruthin with some visits to sites as required and will directly report to the Technical/Bid Manager. The successful candidate will join our preconstruction team and become as an integral part of the team bidding for major projects in the UK across a variety of civil engineering sectors including highways, infrastructure, energy and renewables, coastal and marine and waste management.
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation employing over 450 people. With over 60 years experience, our teams deliver high quality environmental and civil engineering solutions, safely, for a diverse range of projects and clients. Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. Working in a team, the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience. The roles responsibilities will include assisting on:
- Producing construction methodologies
- Producing tender and construction programmes utilising CS Project, MS Project and Primavera P6 (training will be provided)
- Monitoring construction programmes
- Completing tender return information including responses to quality questions
- Producing mass haul earthworks diagrams
- Producing detailed Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Quality documentation
- Producing tender presentations
- Co-ordinating specialist supply chain partners including disciplines such as design, ecology and traffic management
- The role is for permanent employment.
- Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be considered for this Graduate Project Civil Engineer role the following qualifications and experience are required;
- Attained a minimum 2:1 degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (ideally)
- Attained a HNC/ HND in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project (ideally).
- Effective and professional communication skills.