Our client, a Structural, Civil, and Infrastructure Design Consultancy based in Newton Abbot, Devon is currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer.The Role:
As a Senior Civil engineer, you will be working on challenging and exciting projects, undertaking designs on roads, drainage and infrastructure projects using your experience to design and organise others in the production of Section 104, 38 and 278 technical submissions.
You will be the primary point of contact on projects and work alongside additional team members whilst liaising with other engineering disciplines within the practice. You will be responsible for managing the design and deliverables on Civil Engineering Schemes whilst managing Engineers and Technicians and reporting to the Director of Civil Engineering on a day-to-day basis. You will need to be a strong written and verbal communicator as you will regularly liaise with clients, architects, contractors, and regulatory/statutory authorities. Your role will also include site meetings/inspections and progress reporting. Required skills and Experience:
- BEng/Msc or equivalent within Civil Engineering
- At least 3 years significant experience within a design practice environment
- Be competent in the use of AutoCad, Microdrainage, Civils 3D, PDS
- Design of SuDS, FRA, DMRB, Roads & Highways would be advantageous though not essential
- A strong understanding of Section 278, 104 and 38 adoption procedures
- You must be self-motivated, a team player, possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead and manage a team to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership would be desirable but not essential.
- Starting salary based on proven skills and experience £30K - £55K
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Potential to progress to an Equity Director for the right candidate.