Are you passionate about shaping the world around us and eager to make a meaningful impact?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for Civil Engineering graduates to join us at BAM; working on challenging civil engineering projects throughout the UK constructing infrastructure that will stand the test of time and enhances the quality of life for communities.
As a leading civil engineering firm, we've been at the forefront of transformative projects that have left a lasting legacy.Start Date -
September 2024Location -
Nationwide, sites throughout the UKYour mission
- Collaborating with experienced engineers on the design, planning and execution of civil engineering projects.
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives
- Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others
- Develop your technical skills and knowledge in areas such as structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, and construction management.
- Driving quality through effective planning and right first time delivery
- Collaborate with a team of experts to tackle complex engineering challenges and find innovative solutions.
On Site Experience
- Conducting site investigation, surveys and data analysis
- Gain practical experience by visiting project sites, where you'll witness the construction process first-hand and apply your engineering knowledge in real-world scenarios
Safety and Sustainability
Who are we looking for?
- Maintaining high personal standards in health and safety
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences
- Completed Degree or HND in Civil Engineering in the last 2 years or due to complete in 2024 (other relevant disciplines may also be considered)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A passion and desire to learn and grow within the industry
- Commitment to working towards your Professional Development journey
As well as working in alignment with our values of being collaborative, reliable, inclusive, and taking ownership we will look to understand your personal values, your potential and development areas for the role.Whats in it for you?
You will join our structured Graduate Programme, that will provide you with supportfor all your learning and development needs. This includes Professional Development with an experienced team of subject matter experts in your chosen field.
We offer a Benefits package which includes:
- Company car / allowance OR Travel allowance
- Matched pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26days holiday increasing with length of service
- Holiday Purchase Scheme (up to 5 days on top)
- Career Breaks
- 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Access to retail discount platform (BAM Benefits)
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
BAM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and developing policies that support work-life balance.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
Applications are now open, and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible - please answer all questions set out in the application form.As well as an updated CV we require a cover letter that sets out your career aspirations and your interest in BAM Nuttall and as an employer.
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at anytime you feel you may need any reasonable adjustments, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.
Applications close: 01 December 2023.