We are working with an innovative and respected consultancy to identify a Principal Civil Engineer to join the civil engineering team in their London office. This is a senior position where you will be providing leadership on infrastructure, highways, flood risk and drainage schemes.
You will ideally be adept with MicroDrainage and PDS, and be well-versed in the preparation of notes and specifications sufficient for technical approvals and construction, ideally with experience of Section 38/278 highway schemes and Section 104/106 drainage schemes.
This is a position where you can continue your professional development, applying your technical skills and positively affecting improvements in technical quality and service delivery.
What you need to succeed:
* MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
* Chartered with the ICE
* Proficient with MicroDrainage and PDS
* Minimum seven years' experience as a design engineer
* Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278 for highways
* Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage
* Producing infrastructure design calculations, drawings & specifications
* Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal
* Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations
* Contract management
* Report writing
* Site surveys
What's on offer:
As well as a competitive salary, you will also benefit from a company car/car allowance, attractive bonus scheme, private health care, life assurance and paid professional subscriptions