Associate Geotechnical Engineer£70,000-£75,000 + travel allowanceLondonOverview
Our client, a large, very well-established consultancy are now actively looking to add to their team of 12, by hiring a new Associate Geotechnical Engineer. This position will sit just underneath the Geotechnical UK Lead and directly support them in the running of this division.
They have a great order book, with a recession proof portfolio of work, that typically includes: rail, highway, defence, aviation, power, custodial, nuclear and building projects.
They have a number of UK offices and are able to offer hybrid working.Requirements
- Chartered status is a mandatory requirement
- Comprehensive knowledge of challenging ground conditions across the United Kingdom
- A track record, demonstrating technical excellence in ground engineering
- Must have significant prior experience within a consultancy environment
- Proficiency in mentoring and guiding others
- Proven expertise in delivering and spearheading client solutions across diverse projects
- Prior experience in design & build projects would be highly advantageous
- BSc/BEng degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology
- Acting as a technical lead on various projects
- Reviewing and signing off on design elements from conception through all design phases
- Engaging in geotechnical design tasks, such as retaining walls, slopes, piles, and foundations
- Providing input for design solutions and necessary corrections
- Mentoring junior team members
- Conducting ground investigations
- Generating ground models
- Assisting in technical oversight
- Conducting checks and approvals
- Travel Allowance - £7,500
- Life Assurance
- 6% company pension contribution
- Ability to buy extra holidays
Please note to be considered for the role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.