CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER - SOUTHAMPTON
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Due to increased workload, we are now looking to grow our Civil & Structural Engineering Design Team and we are recruiting for a Civil Design Engineer to join our in-house design studio. The Civil Design Engineer will produce original designs for structural or civil infrastructure, including design and detail of temporary works, working within a variety of industry sectors including water.
* Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
* Preparation of outline designs for tenders within short timescales
* Ownership of detail design
* Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
* Provision of support and design proposals to site teams from pre-construction to construction phase
* Mentor Junior Engineers
* Proven ability to undertake civil structural design to current codes and standards
* Knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Ability to provide innovative solutions that add value
* IT literate, must be a proficient user of Microsoft packages, understanding of AutoCAD
* HND/BEng Civil Engineering OR by experience
* Being chartered or interested in becoming chartered would be beneficial
At Trant, offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
* A competitive salary
* Company car or car allowance (depending on level)
* 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Flexible Working Scheme (based on a core-hours system)
* Hybrid working where possible
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Bike to Work Scheme
* Free onsite parking
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to Lynne Crawford or call our Internal Recruitment Team on (phone number removed)
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion