Senior Civil Engineer
- Required for our client to join their inclusive marine team in Brighton, Hove near the beach. Our client has been established since 1985 and now have over 50 staff and offer expertise in the fields of Structural, Civil, Environmental and Marine engineering as a national engineering consulting practice.
The successful Engineer will have appropriate master's degree level learning accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers. In addition to this they will have Structural design experience and knowledge of relevant design standards.
The Engineer will be supporting the Marine and Civil Engineering teams on projects in the ports, Highways, Flood defence, energy and Heritage sectors. In addition to this, the client also have project portfolios ranging from Commercial, Residential, Public, Marine and Industrial sectors.Senior Civil Engineer Position Remuneration
Senior Civil Engineer Position Overview
- Salary DOE
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, rising with service.
- 1 Friday off per four weeks outside of the standard holiday allowance
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Healthcare plan
- Support toward Chartership
- Ride to Work scheme + Bike Storage Facilities
Senior Civil Engineer Position Requirements
- Ensuring project related documentation is compliant to Business Management systems, processes, and procedures
- Carrying out design of Civil Engineering structures.
- Managing projects to keep within timescale, budget constraints and to meet quality expectations
- Mentoring junior Engineers and graduates
- Managing small to medium design projects from inception through to completion
- Preparing monthly reports and fee forecasts
- Leading in development of fee proposals for small to medium works
- Liaising with Directors and clients on project issues
- Chartership or near Chartership
- Structural design experience and knowledge of relevant design standards
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and International standards
- Broad engineering knowledge
- Experience in, or willingness to take on, team leadership and mentoring junior Engineers
- Ability to write quality reports
- Ability to lead/coordinate delivery of design drawings to clients
- Full clean UK driving license
- Specific marine/coastal/maritime/diving experience (Desired but not essential)
- Specific experience in the energy, bridge and historic conservation sectors (Desired but not Essential)
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.