Under the general direction of the Bureau Chief of Design; performs complex work in the management and coordination of the operations of the County's Bridge and Culvert. Oversees the Bridge inspection program of County and Forest Preserves Structures. Administers a variety of technical and administrative functions, coordinating diverse engineering efforts for the Structural Division to ensure the timely and efficient completion of major tasks to meet the goals of the department with minimum supervision and consistent professional judgment. Directs the technical development of projects for both internal staff and external agencies. Interacts with elected officials, federal, state and local governmental agencies, and the general public regarding on-going bridge projects. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is Actively Recruited and At Will.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Eight (8) years full time work experience in design and rehabilitation of bridges, culverts and other highway/transportation related structures is required.
- Four (4) years of full-time supervisory work experience in Civil Engineering with emphasis in design and rehabilitation of bridges, culverts and other highway/transportation related structures is required.
- Must be certified as a Program Manager by Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) to oversee the bridge inspections as per IDOT and National Bridge Inspection Services (NBIS) guidelines is required.
- Licensed as a Structural Engineer (SE) in the State of Illinois is required.
- Valid driver's license and current/valid proof of auto insurance is required.