Hyde Park, London
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James's Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Civil Engineer to join us on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £43,000 - £48,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days' annual leave plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years' service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
This is a superb opportunity for a Civil Engineer with contract management experience to develop their career with our historic organisation.
You'll have the chance to play a pivotal role in preserving London's most iconic landscapes, from fountains and footpaths to sports pavilions and statues, making a lasting impact on the city's heritage.
So, if you want to work in some of London's most well-loved spaces and enhance the experience of millions of annual visitors, then apply today!
As a Civil Engineer, you will provide civil engineering and construction support to our Estate and Facilities Management (FM) contract.
Paying special attention to roads and footpaths, you will conduct monthly inspections and implement a recurring maintenance programme to ensure their upkeep.
Providing expert advice on repair works, you will project manage and conduct site inspections to ensure that works are completed to the correct safety and quality standards.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage Bridge and Culvert inspections
- Prepare annual and monthly budgets for roads and footpaths
- Undertake and report on condition surveys
- Support the procurement and contract management of consultants
To be considered as a Civil Engineer, you will need:
- Proven design and site management experience in civil engineering
- Experience of contract management
- A sound understanding of relevant legislation, including Health and Safety and technical matters on drainage and highways management and managing public and private land
- A degree or HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification or experience
- A full, valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Civils Engineer, Civil and Drainage Engineer, Civil Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Civil Infrastructure Engineer, Structural Engineer, Site Engineer, or Planning Engineer.
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an "Accessibility Tools" button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please visit our website to find out more on our approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as a Civil Engineer, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit