Pay Grade: M09, M10
Ensures the accurate design and specification of civil and structural elements for assigned substation, communications, and transmission line projects, aligning with Hoosier Energy's project management framework, NERC/RRO regulations, industry standards, and effectively addressing permitting, environmental, and other limiting factors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of proposed substation, communications, and transmission line sites and corridors, considering factors such as drainage, soil stability, seismic activity, and environmental impact.
- Collaborates with engineering, real estate, environmental, and project management teams to develop site plans, ensuring compliance with local regulations and standards, including Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), drainage ordinances, and oil containment requirements.
- Prepares comprehensive plans and specifications for civil and structural aspects of assigned substation, communications, and transmission line projects. This includes foundation design, structural components, site plans, and geotechnical investigations and criteria.
- Responsible for project scoping, including structural and site plans, specifications, and construction estimates.
- Oversees civil and structural design work, ensuring it aligns with project requirements and standards by performing and/or directing consulting third parties’ inspection and certification of construction activities. Facilitates communication between manufacturers, field representatives, survey contractors, and land agents to ensure smooth project execution.
- Maintains detailed records of all design plans, construction activities, inspections, and project documentation.
- Stays abreast of local regulations, codes, and environmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Structural Engineering minimum
- Ability to obtain PE license
- Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Structural Engineering preferred
- PE license in Indiana and Illinois preferred
- Eight years’ minimum progressively more technical responsibility in site improvement and/or structure design
- Other levels of experience may be considered
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer and technological skills including AutoCAD Civil Design, Inventor, and PLSCADD is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intrapersonal skills and ability to contribute to collaborative, interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines
- Ability to exercise flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude
- Usual office conditions with occasional field/construction site visits apply to this position
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.