T-1 WQ Lab Assistant
California Water Service
Laboratory Assistant is the entry level in this classification series. Under direct guidance of the chemist or microbiologist, Laboratory Assistants in this class perform routine tasks. Laboratory Assistant assists the laboratory with shipping, receiving, data entry, basic analysis, glassware, sample kits, sample preparation, and clean-up. These tasks are conducted under direct guidance from the laboratory personnel responsible for the specific laboratory section. Performs other duties of a similar nature and level.
• Print sample labels, COCs, and sampling instruction sheets
• Review scheduled sample lists, prepare and ship sample kits accordingly
• Ship and receive sample coolers; log samples into LIMS
• Work regularly with computer based applications such as Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), People Soft, Microsoft Excel
• Perform standard QA/QC measures as required; i.e. sign and date forms, fill out log books, etc.
• Prepare standard chemical solutions, reagents, and/or bacteriological media
• May assist microbiologists/chemists in basic analysis
• Receive laboratory shipments from the mailroom and deliver to the intended recipient
• Keep laboratory facilities in a clean and orderly condition
• Clean and prepare glassware for sample collection
• May preserve metal samples per the approved SOP
• May digest metals samples per the approved SOP
• Enter reviewed data and results of analyses into the laboratory information management system
• Neutralize spent samples
• Cross-train other technicians for coverage
• Participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities
• May participate in the Safety Committee
• Maintain lab, hazardous materials and hazardous waste inventory
• Participate in the weekly safety walk
• Receive and store lab shipments
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or similar field with experience handling laboratory glassware and familiarity with laboratory safety, or
• AA in Chemistry or Biology related field with one year of experience working in a laboratory, with experience with handling laboratory glassware and familiarity with laboratory safety
Salary Range: $41.27-46.56
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, December 14, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4828867
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.