Avanti Personnel have an exciting opportunity for a graduate looking to start an exciting career in the Geo Environmental industry. As a site investigation engineer you will be responsible for the accurate gathering of site information to facilitate structural and ground investigation technical reports to be written as part of the team.
The role reports to the relevant Project Manager in charge of the assigned project. The role as you develop will include basic project management duties as defined by the Principal Project Manager.
Duties to include
* Physical sampling and testing of Geotechnical sub-strata in a variety of environments including, highways and open land.
* Site duties associated with the physical sampling of ; concrete, stone for structural investigation in a variety of environments including Highways and open land.
* Collation of accurate and concise site notes required in the production of technical reports and interpretive documents.
* Production of factual ground/structural investigation reports as defined by PM.
* Attend all team safety and technical briefings in accordance with the requirements of the business.
* Technical input to projects as/when required.
* Undertake other duties in accordance with the requirements of the company.
Essential skills & requirements
* MEng/MSc/BEng/BSc in either Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology, or Physical Geography
* Full clean UK driving licence
* CSCS card is advantageous
* Be able to pass a Personal Track Safety (PTS) Medical, D&A, Training
This is primarily a site based role and as part of the role you will be expected to work occasional nights away. Working hours are Monday - Friday (with No weekend working).
You will be mentored every step of the way and be developed in a unique way with the aim of being able to conduct investigations leading the team from both a technical and safety perspective