Required Experience/Skills Geo-Environmental Engineer
The position will be to support the growing Geo-Environmental team in the North East, with a Teesside based office, aided by our current hubs in Leeds and Newcastle. The Engineer will be delivering Geo-Environmental services across numerous sectors.
The position will ultimately involve both Geotechnical and Environmental assessment of sites and undertaking ground risk assessments, in time specialising in their chosen discipline. The varied workload we have will offer the opportunity across the spectrum of Geo-Environmental services. The role will include supporting the building of a local team and client base during these exciting times.
• Planning and undertaking ground investigations;
• Liaise with clients and approving bodies with respect to assigned schemes;
• Undertaking site supervision of remedial works;
• Production of Geo-Environmental Reports such as; Phase I Desk Studies, Phase II Reports, Ground Investigation Reports, Geotechnical Design Reports, Remediation Method Statements and Material Management Plans;
• Undertaking Geo-Environmental Assessments of sites moving towards specialising in wider contamination or geotechnical aspects;
• Preparation of site investigation logs utilising AGS Data.
• Learn specialist drafting and design software such as SlopeW and DQRA software;.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to / and will have support provided to work towards a relevant professional qualification for Civil or Geological Engineering such as a CEng or CGeol.
• You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development' requirements of:
o The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or will become) affiliated.
• You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within Company
Education & Learning Experience:
• You will possess a Degree in a related discipline;
• You will be a member of an appropriate Institution;
• An MSc in an associated discipline would be desirable;
• You will ideally have over 3 years' experience in the Geo-Environmental field fulfilling some of the main duties.
• Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
* You will be encouraged to contribute and rewarded for your efforts.
* Bonuses are paid twice per yr
* Excellent benefits inc generous holidays and pension contribution.
* Flexible working conditions and remote working