Job title: Civil/Structural Engineer (Site Engineering)
Location: Barrow-In-Furness. Hybrid role, minimum 1-2 days per week onsite.
Salary: £55,000 depending on skills and experience
What you'll be doing:
• You will be responsible for site inspections of defects
• Producing reports for recommendations of repairs/upgrades of existing buildings
• Overseeing and undertaking the review of designs for new build facilities
• Undertaking routine condition appraisals of civil infrastructure which includes annual inspections of site buildings and inspections of conditions and structures etc
• Producing/reviewing engineering calculations to support design theories and proposals
• Preparing specification documents for 3 rd party suppliers and contractors
• Carrying out ground load assessments across the site
Your skills and experiences:
• Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Experience of technical document writing and reporting
• Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office
• Chartered status, or willing to work towards it
• Member of Institute of Civil or Structural Engineers
• Ability to produce engineering calculations
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Civil/Structural Engineer team:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Site Engineering team as a Civil/Structural Engineer. You will be providing support and guidance to our Engineering Authorities, Projects and Operations teams for Site & Facilities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 6th December 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.