Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Lead Electrical/Hardware Engineer for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments.Job Role:
Lead Electrical/Hardware EngineerLocation:
Negotiable on skills and experienceAs a Lead Electrical/Hardware Engineer your remit will include:
We are looking for enthusiastic & experienced engineers to join our existing Energy team to perform all aspects of E,C & I design and implementation. The role includes designing electrical and control systems focused on PLC based control panels but including cabling, MCCs, Drives & Controls, Switchgear and related EC & I equipment primarily within the thermal and hydro power generation sector although work in other sectors may be undertaken. The role will require the ability to undertake site surveys, develop electrical engineering solutions for cabling, undertake Control panel designs, prepare, review and check necessary calculations and designs when working with others whilst following company procedures. The work will involve travel with the possibility of some short periods away at customer sites carrying out the surveys and designing solutions collaboratively with the customer.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in at least one of the following areas:-
Control Panel Design and Build,
E & I Installation,
and who enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.What you will bring to the company:Requirements (Essential):
- Experience of/competent in control systems within the energy market (or similar utility)
- Experience of/competent in field cabling systems (P, Inst, Contr and comms) including surveying and identifying routes, cable calculations for sizing and earthing/protection
- Experience of/competent in control panel design incorporating PLC, I/O, Comms cards, UPS's etc
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 5 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation in the above areas of expertise
- Computer literate with Word, Autocad and Excel experience.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements and delivery of project documentation
- Understanding of Full Project Lifecycle.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Experienced in at least one of the following
- Rockwell ( Control Logix)
- Siemens (PC7S, TIA Portal)
- Schneider (M580, M340)
Site Installation and Commissioning experience of control systems.Experience of Motor Control Centres - Specification, procurement, installation etcGood understanding of BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring RegsAwareness of /understanding of DSEAR Regulations and Hazardous area applications.Awareness of /understanding of Functional Safety (IEC 61508/61511)Ability to work to deadlines and budgets.Familiarity with DatabasesPersonal Qualities:
What they promise to offer:
- Natural Leader
- Ability to Lead/work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines and to motivate others to achieve the same.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible in their methods of working.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered