Providing day to day support in the delivery of concept studies / strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications, technical approval submissions and construction drawing issue.
Involvement in high profile client engagement, stakeholder management, design team liaison (both internal and with other external multidisciplinary professionals) and project management.
Being responsible, or actively engaged depending on experience, for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme, technical standards, and legal requirements.
Working with public/private sector land promoters and house builders, developers, signature architects, Government, and local authorities.
Some of the multi-disciplinary services we provide that you will help deliver include:
* Civil engineering, highways design and earthworks strategies
* Utilities, energy planning and coordination
* Drainage, flood risk and SuDS
* Site appraisal, due diligence, and strategic planning advice.
What you need to succeed...
* Knowledge of, and experience in highway design, drainage strategy and design, flood risk assessment and management, utility design and planning as well as a good working knowledge of the Development Industry
* An appreciation of hydraulics, hydrology, geotechnics and building structures is desirable as well as an understanding of construction design stages and procedures.
* The ability to produce infrastructure masterplans, site appraisals, technical reports, design calculations and construction drawings.
* A good knowledge of the relevant design codes such as Water UK Sewerage Sector Guidance, Design Manual for Roads & Bridges, Manual for Streets, Local Authority Design Guidance and are well versed in the preparation of drawings for contract documentation and technical approvals.
* Good written and spoken communication skills and are aware of current and emerging technical and planning guidance on climate change and sustainability.
* The ability to use or direct and check the use of relevant software including Info Drainage, Civils 3D and/or PDS.
* A good knowledge of the relevant legal processes, planning, design, design software, technical consents process, adoption, and contract procedures for the provision of sewers, SuDS, highways and utilities to new developments and regeneration projects and how if, applied effectively, these skills combine to add value to a client's development proposal.
* A robust knowledge of the financial and contractual aspects of planning, bidding, and delivering both large and small projects