At BUUK Infrastructure, our vision is to be the leading utility partner to accelerate the UK towards net zero for all our customers. Our group of companies has been the major drive for change and innovation over 30 years.
We provide a supportive environment that is committed to enabling our people to be the best ensuring they feel proud to be themselves and part of BUUK Infrastructure.
Express Utilities, who are part of the BUUK Infrastructure Group, are looking for aWater Testing Engineerwho would like to help us reach our mission of making lasting connections with our customers to improve their lives.
As the Water Testing Engineer your key responsibilities are
- Exercise safe working practices at all times in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), wearing the correct PPE at all times.
- Test, chlorinate and sample water infrastructure as instructed working to IWNL and other water authority Codes of Practice, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard of safety and technical quality by following all appropriate generic and specific method statements, work procedures and safety instructions.
- Have a full and comprehensive understanding of all incumbent and IWNL testing, chlorinating, and sampling procedures.
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment remain in good condition, and report any defects to the Project Manager
- Complete site-specific risk assessments daily and ensure maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Experience of pressure testing, chlorination and sampling
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Have a SHEA Water card
- Have a National Water Hygiene card
What can you expect from us
- At least the cost of living pay increase every year
- Company pension contributions up to 5% if employees contribute 4%
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays with the ability to purchase an additional 10
- £750 net of tax to refer friends and family
- Hybrid working for eligible roles
- Development opportunities to reach your career aspirations
BUUK has an award-winning culture. We care about your wellbeing and safety as we all deserve the right to go home safe, every day. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we respect each other and advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion in all we do. Please ask us about flexible working options.