Senior Structural Engineer - (DBV & WRB Repairs)Location - Devonport 6 Months ContractRate - £70ph - Umbrella Inside IR35SC Preferred Role Summary:
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the structural engineering aspects of the Water Retaining Boundary (Dock). Ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE requirements. Supports delivery of structural engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule, and cost.Main Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Management of the structural engineering elements of the Water Retaining Boundary (Dock), ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for structural engineering
- Provide Technical design guidance and review of structural design packages
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Should you be interested in the role then please apply with CV to
- Marine Civil/Structural Engineering
- Marine remedial structural repairs
- Seismic Design (preferable)
- Management of sub-contractors/consultants.
- A minimum of a Batchelor's Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
- Preferred Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council
- Preferred Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear knowledge