Senior Structural Bridge Engineer
Project Centre, part of Marston Holdings, is a leading design, engineering, and landscape architecture consultancy whose highly talented people are passionate about creating places that are attractive, innovative, sustainable, and safe.
Due to continued expansion of the business, we are now looking for a Senior Structural Bridge Engineer
to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be professionally accredited (IEng or CEng) or near chartered status for the role in the structures team.
This a full time, permanent position.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Engineer of Structures and will be responsible for delivering bridge and structural design and assessment on a variety of projects, liaising with clients, and mentoring/developing junior engineers.Role & Responsibilities:
- Development and delivery of concept, preliminary & detailed bridge structure and highway designs
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
- Observing and feeding back of junior colleagues' work.
- Providing technical guidance and leadership to junior colleagues.
- Planning and management of teams and project tasks
- Development of project task budgets and programmes and delivering targets
- Attending client meetings and liaising with clients and other stakeholders
- Attending site visits, inspections and investigations as required
- Taking an active role in the implementation of CDM duties on projects
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the design team, clients, and contractors.
What we are looking for
- Experience with the successful delivery of projects to Local Authority and private clients.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and good with problem solving.
- Inspirational team leader and motivator.
- Excellent Financial Acumen in both project cost control and works estimates.
- Good computer literacy (including experience of CAD, 3D modelling and MS Project)
- An understanding of design and management of highway structures, codes of practice, Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW and NEC contracts.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and experienced in the application and use of bridge design software.
- Proven experience working in a design team environment.
- Degree within an engineering based subject or equivalent.
- Have a technically strong background with steel and concrete bridge design and assessment.
- Have a proven record supporting the delivery of detailed designs and assessment of highway bridges and structures.
- Be adept at working within a team environment and have experience across a range of engineering structures.
- Understand Health & Safety requirements and CDM duties.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Salary of £44,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- 25 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Health Care
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Pension scheme.
- Staff benefits designed to suit your lifestyle, from discounts on high street and online shopping to travel, socialising and wellbeing.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package NB subject to eligibility criteria.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply....
New starters will be subject to clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.