Job Title: Safety Engineer
Location: Dunfermline, Plymouth or Bristol + Hybrid Options
Compensation: £39,408 - £48,252
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54500
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Safety Engineer at our various sites. The role
As a Safety Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Actively working on other ship newbuild and life extension programs around the world, from small fast attack craft all the way up to aircraft carriers.
Day to day, you'll provide professional safety and environmental engineering support to surface ship, submarine, and commercial projects, as well as:
- Provide safety and environmental case input to non-conformances and design changes for specified systems.
- Support other members of SEG in developing non-nuclear safety and environmental assessments or cases.
- Plan and control of work to time, cost and quality.
- Provide support in own engineering specialisation to other members of the safety team.
- Production of safety and environmental reports and cases.
Remote working is available for this role, you may be required to work from a local hub whether Bristol, Devonport or Rosyth. Essential experience of the Safety Engineer:
Qualifications for the Safety Engineer:
- Engineering background in a relevant field
- Authoring of Technical Reports
- Recording of Technical meetings
- Experienced in multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Good presentational, written, analytical and IT skills.
You will ideally be:
- Qualified to HND level but an ONC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered.
- Hold the Defence Maritime Regulator's Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training or Ship Safety Management Office Certification (training will be arranged if required);
- Member of a relevant institution (e.g. IMechE, RINA, IET, SARS etc.) and hold Chartered or Incorporated status (or be working towards);
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Job Segment:
Environmental Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Safety Engineer, Engineer, CSR, Engineering, Management